Xbox 360 keeps overheating, two red rings.

Recently my Xbox has been turning itself off, and after showing the two red rings. This never happened before but lately it has been doing this after I have playing a game for only a short amount of time. It has happened while using the YouTube app, but only after it has been on for a very long time. I managed to stop this happening for a while after I hoovered all the vents and openings on the console, unfortunately this does not work anymore. Again, this only happens when playing a game. I just want to know if there is any solution apart from getting it repaired. The area around the console is relatively clear, though it is about a metre away from a radiator and my room tends to be quite hot. But as I said, this never happened before and my xbox has been in the same position for quite a long time. Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 250 Applies to:

EXCIZION hey there, it seems you have all your bases covered for the troubleshoots regarding this matter. Click Here to be taken to the guide for '2 red rings / overheating'. It seems you have no choice other than to request a repair. (You can do that in step 3 of the above link).

Sorry to be the bad news.

Many thanks

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello my xbox is having problems by shutting off two lights blinks does anyone knows how to solve this problem??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there CoolishJester,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your console lights.

I would recommend trying out our Flashing Light troubleshooter.

As this thread is already several months old, if you have further support questions, please go ahead and create a new thread. 

Sorry this didn't help.