xbox 360 isnt recognizing my wireless adapter or an ether net cable

ive tried restarting everything but when i open network settings to choose possible wifi or network cable a yellow caution sign appears explaining that i can use a network cable/wireless adapter, to connect to xbox live...any takers? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hello,

Would you have family settings enabled causing blocking connection to Xbox LIVE, if not try the steps below

• Turn off your console.
  • Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port.
  • Turn on your console.
  • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  • Select Configure Network.
  • On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

Then go through the steps to run the connection test.

If you continue to have problems feel free to contact me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, Hurt. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. If I'm understanding correctly it seems like your console will not recognize a wired or wireless connection. Is that correct? If you can confirm that a connection should be available to the Xbox in both cases and your console still does not recognize it, that would point to a console repair.

This support article titled "How to get your Xbox product repaired" should help walk you through the repair process. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.