xbox 360 internet explorer speed test

On the Xbox using internet explorer I did an internet speed test at http://speedof.me and http://www.bandwidthplace.com (both sites use HTML5 technology) and both speed tests on my Xbox were very slow between 1.5 Mbps to 3.5 Mbps. The Xbox is connected using a cable not wireless. When I test my speed using my PC my speed is over 25 Mbps. Before I call my ISP, I would like to know if there is an explanation for the Xbox slow speeds.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hmm, do you experience issues with game play or even streaming on the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A reason could be, that when doing a speedtest it will actually download and upload sometihng, not sure if that is fully supported for the IE App on the console, so that could well be the reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have come across this when using xbox and ps3 and I don't think it is the actual connection or anything I just think it has something to do with the browser apps on the consoles, if you don't have to much trouble playing games i wouldn't worry about it to much really.

Thanks

Godmonkee

Sorry this didn't help.

When playing online, my games lag 90 % of the time. Has anyone else run those same tests on their Xbox console?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest opening the ports that XBlive uses in order to receive the best possible connections for all of the content/streaming you can do on Live.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

Above is a link to the required ports as well as information on how to forward with specific routers, should you be unfamiliar with how to do so.

One thing though to keep in mind, if you do have all ports open and the connection is still slow, remember, Xbox was designed in 2004, the OS only has 512ram to work with, and I believe it might even be split to 256megs for the CPU.  While it has a decent triple core CPU, the ability to exchange information between ram/cache and then load it up for display is lacking when compared to today's computers. You could argue that a computer from 2004 is faster, than this, I would say otherwise, but encourage you to use a single core cell phone, on Wifi and see how fast you pull in the net.  It works on the same principle. (this only applies to why the internet is slower than PC)   gaming is usually a result of A) wireless or B) ports not forwarded correctly.  C) bad server connections.

As WPAK said, I dont think downloading chunk files is supported on 360, likewise the upload of the random chunk is also not really.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your replies. Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.