Xbox 360 Home Gold... No?

I am just wanting some information cleared up for me because I can't find it clearly spelled out anywhere.

You are doing away with the Family Gold for Xbox Ones Home Gold Feature.... BUT you are not giving Home Gold Feature to Xbox 360.

So does that mean,I will have to purchase a gold account for each person in my household because we are not going to buy an Xbox One?

AND if I don't have to, and if it works as it says, The gold account tied to the gamer tag. What about households with several consoles. My household currently has two 360s. So if we have this fancy new Home Gold Feature where only one of us needs a gold account how will that work with two consoles? Will I be able to tie it to both consoles, or once again, will have to purchase more than one gold subscription? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 71 Applies to:

You will each have your own gold account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, this link should shed some light onto what exactly is happening with the family pack.

-

support.xbox.com/.../family-pack-convert-individual-member-faq

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.

I Have read that FAQ several times. It doesn't answer my questions out right. It is very vague...

Sorry this didn't help.

news.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-digital-games-and-live-gold

-

That doesn't really shed much light onto the matter either but I would suspect that to get the best out of gold you would need at least one gold account for each xbox one console. - Of course that applies only to xbox one, for the 360 as was already stated you will need a gold membership for each count.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.

There's no such thing as Home Gold on the Xbox 360. If you wish to have gamertags play online on the Xbox 360 console after your gold family pack subscription expires each person will need their own gold membership.

The gold sharing only applies to Xbox One. If you get a Xbox One, one gold subscription will suffice for 1 console.  If you get multiple consoles then you'd need to get another gold subscription for that other console and everyone on that other console will be able to login and play and have a gold subscription.

To recap currently the way it's setup if you're going to purchase multiple Xbox One's you'll need 1 gold membership on each of those consoles for everyone to be able to play online on any console. If you get 3 Xbox One's you'd need 3 gold subscriptions (one for each box).

The Xbox 360 will only work if you continue to pay for singular gold subscriptions for each account you wish to have online access. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, so not only is MS stopping the discounting for families, they require you to pay even more subscriptions if you are Xbox 360 user instead of Xbox One user.  Totally *** loyal Xbox 360 families.

Not good.  It was bad enough that Xbox One doesn't play any of the Xbox 360 games (at all), but now we have to pay more to keep playing them.

I have always supported Microsoft, buy I am starting to see why so many people are trying to get away from them.  It is too bad.  Hopefully Microsoft wakes up before I have to choose between an Xbox One and another console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed.  I also own two 360's and having to have gold subscriptions for a 7 and a 4 year old just so they can watch Netflix on one 360 if I am using my account on another is nuts.  Especially considering Netflix access is free on every other streaming device on the planet.  You would think MS would want to promote owning multiple XBox consoles.

I also own a PS3 and the value of PS Plus is literally a thousand times greater.  They are barely even comparable.

My 7 year old likes playing Minecraft, which I purchased for her digitally thru Xbox, and of course now she can only play that under my account even if I DID pay for her to have a gold account as well.  So I guess I would have to buy the game a second time just for her to be able to play it on her own account.  And of course if my 4 year old decides she wants to play online I would have to buy yet ANOTHER copy of the game and ANOTHER gold account.

As my kids have gotten old enough to be interested in games I have learned just how astronomically family UNFRIENDLY Xbox Live is.

I owned multiple first gen XBoxes.  Support for that ended overnight when the 360 came out.  Now they come up with a partial fix of some of these issues with Home Gold but it's only for the ONE.  Fooled me twice so shame on me.  I'll not be fooled a third time and buy an XBox ONE if they can't at least extend these Home Gold features to the 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

The 360 only has a life san of about 2 more years anyways before the servers are shut down and everything will be on the One. MS sent out emails to everyone that had a Family Pack and told them what was happening. If you had a Family Pack that you paid for shortly before the conversion then you will still have the time that you paid for before all the accounts will need to be paid for separately.

Sorry this didn't help.