Hello Gamers!

Xbox 360 over heating.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is this a question? You're going to need to give much more information for anyone to be able to help you out.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

when xbox get over heat it get ring of death.

Old xbox easy to get heat from ring of death but not xbox slim they are good.

EV1L Hey there bud

Just to clarify, are you experiencing problems with the console yourself? This might be better addressed over on the Xbox 360 Support Forums. Or am I missing something?

Let us know.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Hey there

the RROD isn't necessarily caused by overheating, I still own a old xbox 360 elite model, which has been working without any problems since 2008. No overheating or RROD.
So in my opinion you can not simply state that the 'old' models will get a RROD

I also have an old 2007 model that has never stopped going from day one. If you know how to look after your console, keep it in a suitable area and have luck on your side, you will be fine. My Xbox has been through it's fair share of 12 hour, mid-summer CoD4 sessions so they really can't all be that bad.

Xbox 12v fan mod is it illegit ? but it doesn't effect the xbox live ?

No, a 12v fan mod is not legit,if you open your console to fit it.

Opening your console is system tampering, any form of system tampering can get you a permanent ban.

What you mean tampering like what?

What OWEN means is that if you open your console it will be deemed as system tampering and can result in a permanent suspension. My advice (if you are experiencing overheating) would be to make sure the console has sufficient breathing space in well ventilated surroundings or refer to my previous post and create a thread in the support forums for follow up help :)