Xbox 360 HDMI Problem

Hey guys. For a few months now I have been forced to use my Xbox 360 component cables to play my Xbox. My HDMI cables will not work with my Xbox 360 anymore.

Now before giving me suggestions I would like you to take not of the following:

•I have literally tried every test under the sun to get it working, including holding Y and RT on load up.

•I have tried multiple HDMI cables

•I have tried multiple TVs

This problem originated when I purchased my AverTV Capture HD device. For some reason this capture device would never recognise my Xbox through HDMI. it would always list it as 'Out of Range'. Eventually after trying to get it working on the capture device for a couple of weeks it would not work on my tv.

Every now and again I can get a picture to appear for a few seconds, both on the TV and the Capture Device.

This is the image:

http://i.imgur.com/ugv8K.jpg

As you can see, it seems the input is specified as DVI. Could this be causing problems? I have also experience my HDMI connection flickering on screen every now and again before this all happened but it was never too common.

All I can think of at this stage is that either my Xbox is stuck thinking it is a DVI connection or my HDMI port is completely useless at this stage. I was going to (I didn't do it so it is still unopened) open up my Xbox and try my hand at replacing my HDMI port but my Brother informed me that it was part of the motherboard and would be extremely difficult?

Any suggestions would be very very welcome. I have finally run out of patience with this and I really do hope I don't need a new Xbox. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 132 Applies to:

Oh wow... I just fixed the problem after months of figuring out what the hell was wrong.

I decided to hook up my Xbox back to my capture card via HDMI and see if that helped. Still nothing.

On my capture card there is two HDMI fittable ports (really one). One is HDMI and the other is something like DB_AR.

The DB_AR port (which is in the shape of a HDMI port) is used for hooking up my connecter cable that allows me to use component cables, composite cables, etc in my capture card.

This is the converter you get with it: [View:http://www.alphacity.co.nz/images/imagingtech/imagingtech_2820.jpg]

I decided to put my HDMI cable into that port, blank screen, then take it out and put it into the HDMI port of my capture card. It said "Out of Range" and "1920x1080" at the bottom of the screen. I knew this because my capture card can only do 1080i. Straight away I turned on my tv and hooked my Xbox into it and the picture displayed again!

Everything seems fine now and my HDMI port on my Xbox is working correctly.

Finally....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

maybe try to clean the hdmi port,  like unplug , let all power drain,  then can of compressed air and clean all vents,  then hdmi port,  also maybe try a softbruse and try to clean hdmi port connection, there is a pin on both ends that help hdmi cable hold in place,  it also acts as a the ground , clean them,  also try to pick with a dental pick or something ,  and move those clips so they can hold tighter the hdmi plug,  

Sorry this didn't help.

Didn't work. Gave the port a bit of a clean but it ends up being the same.

I also don't have a HDMI to DVI connector to test that at the moment unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.

also try taking all devices on xbox off and redo initsl setup,  also maybe try a HDMI to DVI connector and try on computer screen,  just to test and see if any changes

Sorry this didn't help.