XBox 360 HardDrive

I recent bought a genuine original 60GB HHD. I formatted it and now I have two problems:

1.  It is only showing that I have 15.9GB free of 16GB!  Is there anyway I can restore the HHD back to 60GB?

2.  After formatting the drive, the console is not recognising it.  How can I resolve this problem please?

T33GO

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

you probably used a non Microsoft transfer kit or something.  That made the xbox 360 think it was a USB drive, and in that case, it only supports up to 16GB of space for the drive.

By doing this, you destroyed the microsoft security signature on the drive as far as I know there is no MS supported solution that is something you can do.

You should return the drive, I think, and make sure to get a MS branded and legit transfer kit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I Have the same problem!

and yes my transfer cable is "Legit"

Sorry this didn't help.

If the transfer cable is legit then you wouldn't have this problem. As stated above there is nothing you can do once the drive has been recognized as a flash drive. How did you connect the hdd? Did you put the 60Gb on the console and then connect the old hdd to the transfer cable?

Sorry this didn't help.