Xbox 360 Hard Drives

Basically my Xbox that I bought 5 years ago just died. It overheated, or the battery did. Not sure, don't really care. It's time for a new one since this one is all dismantled from having to do fixes on it myself.

So I have one of the big white original Xbox 360's. I'm looking to get one on Amazon. This one specifically. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB/dp/B00D9EPI38/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1388031175&sr=8-5&keywords=xbox+360 

My question is, will I be able to put my old Xbox hard drive on to this Xbox? If not, would someone be able to link me an Xbox on Amazon that I will be able to put my hard drive on? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

no the older clip on the outside hard drives on the white 360s and the later elites are NOT compatible with the slim models.  only a 250 or 320 gig drive that goes INSIDE the 360 slim will work sorry.  but you CAN transfer the data from that drive to the other 360 once you have the hard drive in there.  you just need to get a data transfer cable like this one: support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.