Xbox 360 Hard drive transfer fail! HELP ! HELP !!!

Hey,

So I bought a new 250g hard drive (old one) with transfer cable on Ebay. i finaly got it on Thursday and it has bin a nightmare since. I called Support to go through the steps, of transferring my old data to the new one. My old drive btw is 20g. So the guy tells me to go into memory and reconfigure my hard drive for both of them. So i do so after doing it on both them we felll into a huge problem. Now my xbox cant detect my old or new hard drives. The guy told me its my xbox and I should bring it in and get it fixed. Which will cost $129!!! and the only way that i can see a hard drive on my xbox if i set up both hard drives on it, one through the transfer cable and one on top. Now I have been doing some research and the only thing I have found is doing manually. But it hasnt been working, I created an image file to of of my old hard drive to back it up because apprently my data on dint get erased. Then i formated it and created a new volume for it using these settings.

20g hard drive

simple volume size: 19075

File System: Fat32

Allocation unit size: default

check on preform on quick format

but yet still it doesnt work i tried putting the image file of my back up on it using xport360, yet again it still doesnt work. I have some data on my hard drive that i dont want to loose lol like halo 2 maps !!!. plus i dont want to buy a new xbox or w/e.

I dont know what to do ! try a new hard drive from the guy or just go through microsoft and let them replace my hard drive for me.

\

PLEASE HELP

I dont think i am missing anything, if i think of anything i all add it in.

O btw i am not getting any errors!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

BTW my cable is a Microsoft

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you absolutely sure that both the hard drive and the transfer cable were the official Microsoft one?

The third-party HDD or transfer cable tend to corrupt the hard drive, leaving it unuseable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.