Xbox 360 gonna cost you to much

All these new things happening with Xbox are great. But you will have to pay for 90 percent of them. How unfair is that. Need people to step up with me and confront Microsoft about this. I could get about 5 subscriptions to my local cable service and still pay less than you would for all the premium stuff offered on Xbox. I dont want to have to pay 500 to 1000 dollars just to do things other than playing games. It might not be that high now but it is well on its way. I can do everything and more on the computer. Just need a internet subscription. Tell them to start looking for free stuff.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

OR, just don't subscribe to it. Considering you're already paying ~$60/game, the price of using any game console goes up drastically. Microsoft is simply configuring good add-ons for their console, and giving it to the general public for a fee. It's a business, what do you expect from it?

How many people that work there do you actually think even OWN an Xbox 360? Personally, I wouldn't think many of them do.

i have to agree anything they bring should be part of what i pay for live

I love post like this.....to stay in business a business has to charge for their products and services. Microsoft isn't charging you, the providers are ( Netflix, Hulu, etc).

My cable bill is 120 bucks a month ( basic, HD package and HBO). Once all the providers are on board with Microsoft I may be able to ditch my cable company and get the same programs for significantly less money. It must be nice to live somewhere that you can get all that programing for free on your PC because I certainly can't.

i see your point mate. its just making us (xbox user) pay individually for stuff like netflix or lovefilm why cant MS say to lovefilm we have 15,000,000 (just a guess) new members for you imagine the discount we would get.

If you can't afford the apps, don't pay for them. They didn't come out when the Xbox 360 came out, they are just giving you the oppurtunity to use these apps without having to pick up a computer. I don't think theu should give discounts on them or make them free.

[quote user="ShotZ 007"]

i see your point mate. its just making us (xbox user) pay individually for stuff like netflix or lovefilm why cant MS say to lovefilm we have 15,000,000 (just a guess) new members for you imagine the discount we would get.

[/quote]

I think we will see lower prices, If Microsoft grabs a dozen or more streaming providers most of us won't be subscribing to all of them so they'll be competing for our business. That also means that cable companies will have to re-evaluate their pricing to stay competitive. The more option we have to get our movies, TV shows and music the better it is for us,

on that note.... since I have comcast/xfinity going to be free for me?

take for instance you might watch something on ABC. its available at ABC.com. Same with Animal Planet, MTV, History Channel. Just go to the channels website

Hulu Plus 9.99 Netflix( streaming only) 8.00 HBO app 14.99. Verizon movie app 14.99 and may go up Zune 14.99.Xbox Live 60.00 yearly of course. Need I go on. Thats a lot of money. Give us some free choices to. LIKE THE INTERNET. Nothing will ever beat the internet.

Probably so, but you might need the account for the owner, the login pass etc.