Xbox 360 froze while using dashboard

Hello everyone!!

I have a xbox 360 slim 4GB model and it has froze 3 times on me (all of the times it has frozen where while I was navigating through the dashboard not while playing), I would like to know what could be the cause of this problem because I have my xbox in a well ventilated area and I have all the latest updates for it.

Thanks in advance.   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try clearing out your Catche in the Memory ..Then shut it down and start it up.Maybe that will fix things?

And be sure the vents on your power Brick are dust free.Spray it with a can of air to clean out the dust.

Good luck hope that helps u out.

Yea mine does this from time to time, oddly enough while I'm in the game marketplace an while an advert is loading..

Go to your system settings then go onto harddrive press Y while hovering over your harddrive and click clear cache this will delete all game updates and you will need to update all game again but this may fix your problems then close your xbox down unplug it and wait for 10 seconds plug it back in and start it up

I get that sometimes too, no real big problems. Everyone's dashboard freezes on them every so often. Just as jasper suggested above, try cleaning the cache in your memory. Just in case you don't know how to do that (or for anyone else who doesn't know reading this), press the Guide button >  Settings > System Settings > Select Storage or Memory > Highlight one of the two > Press Y >  Clear System Cache. That should do the trick. If not, come on back.

[quote user="II MR MAYHEM II"]

Go to your system settings then go onto harddrive press Y while hovering over your harddrive and click clear cache this will delete all game updates and you will need to update all game again but this may fix your problems then close your xbox down unplug it and wait for 10 seconds plug it back in and start it up

[/quote]

17/10/2010 was a real busy day for you wasn`t it ,mr ambassador.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="II MR MAYHEM II"]

[/quote]

17/10/2010 was a real busy day for you wasn`t it ,mr ambassador.

[/quote]bahahaha!   Busted!  Unlocking every achievement in Call of Duty 3 in one day!  Damn.

Replying to both of your comments a friend had my account as my Xbox broke he modded the gamerscore i got the account back realised went ballistic at him phoned support up told them and the person i spoke to said hope for the best and that he/she would put a note on my account saying that my gamerscore was modded without my consent and not by me i asked for it to be reset but he/she said they could not do that

And yet they made you an ambassador.

your account is your responsibility at ALL times.

[quote user="II MR MAYHEM II"]a friend had my account as my Xbox broke he modded the gamerscore[/quote]

did you use the same excuse the second time "he" modded it as well in 2011?

It's funny, how the Xbox Ambassador Program works & how applications are looked at...

You clearly have breached Section B / Point 14 of the Code of Conduct...