Xbox 360 freezing

About a week or two go, i received a system update that apparently none of my friends had gotten. Upon installing it, my problems began.

My xbox would randomly freeze, eventually it would get to the point where i couldnt even play my games. The screen is frozen, cant dashboard, the sound freeze, basically it becomes unusable except that i can eject. Which doesnt change the freeze.

Ive reinstalled the update, cleared cache multiple times, tried finding any corrupt save files; none. By now it was freezing sooner, making it harder to clear cache or anything. Ive reinstalled the system update many times, and during the uodate the xbox has never frozen. 

Ive tried taking the internet cable out, harddrive out, relocating it, clearing off dust, nothing seems to work. Now it has gotten to the point where as soon as it loads up the dashboard, sometimes even during the loading of the dashboard, it freezes.

Ive done everything on the screenfixes support link, and it isnt working. Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

Since you've tried the steps above, it most likely sounds like you either need a new xbox, or you need to send in yours for repair.

-

Here's How : support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I guess I am having the same difficulty, except games do not freeze it only displays the message that the game disc is unreadable. Since I am playing on a friend's console, he took apart his xbox twice. We thought maybe that the GTA V disc was damaged but it works perfectly with others profile. I tried other games in case it was just a problem with Rockstar, but still to no avail. Uninstalling/installing my profile to the hard drive and to a flash stick. Clearing caches. However, I can play Dead Island that I installed on a flash stick. Apparently my profile is f**cked up in a way that cannot let the xbox read game discs. I'm lost and I love my profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've figured it out! Remove the harddrive and hold a while it starts up. This should clear the xbox itself cache and fix the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.