Xbox 360 Freezing

Type Xbox 360 Arcade with 250gb Drive

First exp freezing in game (controller freezes too)

I thought it was an issue with game swapped games no issue however most my games aren't as large as the one I was playing so didn't think that was the case. Did some research ended up clearing my Xbox cache, moved my other consoles away from the Xbox as best i could cleared dust, and kept it secluded. That helped a little bit.  Recently I was on my dashboard going through the tabs. (not playing game) and it still froze. Im not sure how it froze in the dashboard. I dont have ring of death or anything it just freezes i dont know why. My Internet is strong enough and i have the ports enabled on my default firewall as well. As i was typing this i thought i needed my Mac Address and decided to look into it but realized my ethernt cable plugged difrectly into my modem. I had a hunch before I posted this about my Norton causing issues, I changed to Norton network for My xbox 60 to full trust. I have done everything I can think of. In case this problem still persists can I have any more suggestion's to fix this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sometimes the Hard Drive can cause freezing issues, if you get it again just remove the Hard Drive or try using a USB stick with your profile on it to test if it still freezes. If it doesnt then it could be the Hard Drive, if it does then its the console, and I can only suggest contacting support to set up a repair or setting it up yourself at....

https://myservice.xbox.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

really i have the same problem myself it, but it happens so rarely that its not a real problem. Ive had alot of problems when using the media player with this oddly it almost freezes but doesn't please remember that computers at walmart have x4 the ram of an xbox anymore

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearing your system cache my take care of this issue; as well as checking your storage for any Yellow Warning Symbols by saved items, as they may cause freezing as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Console freezing is more common along the older models such as Xenon/Zephyr. Im really not sure what console you have as you said Arcade, but whatever, not important.

-

This is mostly caused by overheating, if your console gets really hot inside, it might freeze sometimes. Try to keep it in a cooler environment or get a fan. Also, if you are taking a brake, turn of the console. The best thing you could do is actually to get a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.