XBOX 360 freezes on splash/startup screen

Alright, so I have had my XBOX for about a month now, and I just bought Dead Island today. I left to go somewhere, and turned it back on to watch Paul on Zune. 2 minutes into the movie, the XBOX freezes so I get up and turn it off. I go to turn it back on (about a good 20 trys) and it freezes on the start up screen every time. I tried removing the HDD, no luck. Hit the eject button as proposed by someone on a different forum, no luck. I would try to clear the cache, but unfortunately I can't access the dashboard. I've had an XBOX with RROD before, so has my best friend, and they showed up right away. This doesn't seem to be RROD. I've tried the suggested support on this website, still no luck. Has anyone had this problem? and if so, what can I do to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Make sure your console is in an  open, well-ventilated area, away from all other electronic devices.Also it is suggested to plug the console directly into the wall and not into a power serge protector. If you have done those steps and it is still freezing then you will need to have the console repaired.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.