Xbox 360 freezes on dashboard loadup

I have a Xbox 360 S around 4 years old purchased from new.  When i turn the console on the 360 logo displays fine the progresses onto trying to load the dashboard.  Often the loading circle will appear but then freeze and some other times it has loaded the dashboard but is frozen.  The controller is turned on but i am unable to do anything with it, it will not let me control anything on the dashboard.  I have checked several controls to see if that was the problem but all same reults.  I have tried removing hard drive but this has not worked either.  It is really starting to frustrate me as cannot access the console to try change anything.

Can anyone offer any help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

If it locks up even after removing all of your peripherals, then it's a hardware issue and needs to be sent in for repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hey Ianners3!

As Irixion mentioned, be sure to remove anything plugged in your console as well to see if you still having the freezing problem. Be sure to also try disconnecting your Xbox 360 console from the internet and starting it up while offline to see if you still have the freezing trouble.

Unfortunately if none of those steps help then a repair or replacement is going to be your best option. You can set up a repair over on our Online Service Center.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.