XBOX 360 Freezes every time I play Virtua Fighter 5 Online needs to be shutdown by pulling the power cord out?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

3 months ago I bought and renewed my Gold member subscription.  9 months ago when I use to play, I never had this problem before.  I took a 9 month hiatus from playing the system and playing VF5.  For the last few months I been trying to figure out why every time I get online with VF5 the system freezes and it won’t unfreeze until the power cord is unplugged from the system to reboot it.  I’ve done all the numerous steps online and from the xbox.com website from the cache, format the hard-drive etc.  Nothing seems to work?  I get good connections on XBOX LIVE with no errors using a wired connection.  I replaced my router thinking it was it but same thing happens again.  I may only get like one initial online game in but if I want to have rematch or play the same person again system just freezes and needs to be cut off manually.  I have 2 Xbox 360’s and they both do this so I know it’s not the system.  The only thing I haven’t done was change my cable modem from Comcast called them up and they say there is no problem with the modem so they will not give me a new one.    

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, does this same issue occur when one of the consoles is wired directly to the modem? Also, does a friend have a copy of this game that you can borrow to try out, to see if the same issue occurs?

Sorry this didn't help.

So far I did what you said directing the wired connection directly into the cable modem.  I tried to play an online player match with someone then when the opponent selected to play me the screen/system froze as above had to be turned off using the power cord.  I will look into getting another copy of the game and see what happens. So it could be the cable modem?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's possible. To get to the bottom of the issue, we'll  want to try and change up as many different elements as we can. To see if the issue is your connection specifically, I suggest bringing the console to a friend's house, to try it out on their connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here’s an update on my situation I recently had Comcast replace my cable modem and the repair guy said it has to be XBOX LIVE why I am having issues.  So I tried it again after he leaves and the same thing is happening as stated above system freezes and can only be shut down by hitting the power button.  This weekend I was able to finally test the VF5 game at Sister’s house, my Nephew has an Xbox and I was able to play online flawlessly with his account, No freezing what so ever with his username.  Then I tried again using my account having my profile having all my games saved on the Scandisk Xbox Flash drive.  I was able to play a game; then I wanted to do a rematch it would freeze up as usual and I had to reboot my nephew’s system.  So it sounds to me that my BdoubleBlade profile is corrupted and is causing issues with VF5 game.  I’ve tried a few other games online with my system they seem ok and only VF5 seems to have a problem.  I just renewed my membership for a whole year so what can I do? To not lose my money, is there an option to transfer my Xbox live subscription to a new user account? Please let me know?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm reading through this and I'm not seeing any mention that you recovered your account. Have you tried that? No need to delete your existing account, just recover it. Let me know if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

My account has been recovered and active a long time ago.  The problem I am having is that this Username BdoubleBlade can not play Virtua Fighter 5 Online without locking up the system to a point where I have to pull the plug to be able to reboot the xbox360 Console.  I’ve done all the technical instruction/suggestions from Technical Support in these forums and the problems still remains and still can’t play Virtua Fighter 5 Online with my BdoubleBlade Username without the console locking up.  I figured it’s my username because I already replaced my Router and Cable Modem; now I tried to play the game VF5 on my Nephew’s console using his Username and was able to play online flawlessly without his system locking up.  Then I tried using my Username on his console by the XBOX360 flash Drive and the system locked up like it usually does.  So as a last resort I am figuring it’s the Username that is corrupted to play the game online.  I already paid my Gold membership until March 2012 but can’t play my favorite game online so I am wondering if I create a new Username can I transfer Membership to the new name if I can’t figure out this problem why I can’t play Virtua Fighter 5 Online?  

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't transfer the membership, unfortunately. Can you do me a quick favor, though, and check that your contact information as it appears on billing.microsoft.com is correct and up to date?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes all my contact info is up to date on Xbox Live and Billing.microsoft.com. Well I don't know what to do to be able to play my favorite game online except create a new username i guess and purchase another membership.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! I have a quick suggestion just to help narrow things down: are you connected to LIVE when you try playing this game? Can you disconnect from LIVE and try loading up the game for me and tell us what happens? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.