Xbox 360 forcing gamertag change that the gamertag generator gave me.

I just tried connecting to xbox live tonight to see this "In accordance with Xbox LIVE policy, the gamertag RapiestMuffin is no longer allowed. You must change your gamertag before playing online." message. 

Quite frankly I would be totally fine with changing my gamertag if it weren't for a few gripes which i'll quickly list:

1- My old gamertag, which I had been using since Halo 2 and has a lot of history on it, was denied to me after I was unable to recover it to a new xbox because I didn't have my password (the email account had been hacked) and didn't know the security question (which I had made when I was about 14 years old). This just irritated me. 

2- I created the name through the gamertag generator, and since this one was semi funny and didn't have about fifty numbers on the end, I chose it. 

3- "Rapiest" Isn't a real word. 

4- "RapiestMuffin" even is Rapiest was intended to replicate the word rapist, it's referring to a muffin...

I'm 99% sure any complaints were given by disgruntled COD players just because they thought they could force a name change because I killed them one too many times. 

So in conclusion, is there any room for appeal of the name change election, or am I going to be forced to get a new gamertag once again? 

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

You can post here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx but I doubt it will change anything. The name you have can be taken offensive.

Just because you  beat someone in a game and they filed a report on you is not why you have a  FNC. It only takes one complaint against your tag, or any other issue for that matter. When they get the complaint they review it and review the account in question. XBLPET then takes any appropriate action needed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.