Xbox 360 emulation planned for Xbox One, claims Microsoft executive

Partner Development Lead says plans are afoot, "but we're not done thinking them through yet"

http://www.totalxbox.com/74592/report-xbox-360-emulation-planned-for-xbox-one-claims-microsoft-executive/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This would be awesome if it worked properly. I remember downloading 'Grabbed by the Ghoulies' and 'Stubbs the Zombie' for my 360 after loving them on the original slab. Just wasn't the same at all. :-(

If this happens then it would be awesome even better if it included xbla games as well fingers crossed

I hope this happens. I could really do getting rid of my 2 360s as I have run out of space on both.

I said this in another thread but I would be curious to see how they come back. Would the 360 CD's work or would they be able to be downloaded / installed? I hope so, I love the 360 games but I don't want to re-buy my library again :/

Given the system requirements for PS2 emulation, I doubt we are going to see all 360 games emulated on the Xbox One.

I expect we'll see someone like the the Original Xbox on the 360. Limited support for a small number of titles.

I'd be happy if my digital games worked.

So games with gold and xbla titles would be a good place to start!

Also digital copies would allow for more tweeking per title to get it to run on the one.

So long as the new Borderlands game works on it I don't care how they do it...

They couldn't make "Borderlands 2" work properly on the Original XBox on release so I wouldn't get too excited.

That'll be because it wasn't on the original xbox :-P

Always worked fine for me on the 360 though....

Oops you're right.

They couldn't get "Borderlands 2" working properly on the XBox 360 on release so I wouldn't get too excited.

Hey look.  Now I'm right.

Again.

Honestly I'm not sure how Gearbox managed to nosedive so badly.

After the masterpiece that was "Borderlands" they followed it up with thousands of gamers not able to play "Borderlands 2" because of freezing bugs.

Then they followed that up with "Aliens: Colonial Marines".

Now they're going to make a game that's set between "Borderlands" and "Borderlands 2" which is fancy talk for "Hey, do you remember how Ubisoft simply re-released Assassin's Creed over and over again using the same game engine to capitalise on the franchise's popularity?  How do you reckon we could do that for "Borderlands""?