Xbox 360 Elite will not show anything on HDMI

Hi, my brother asked to set up his 360 in our newly refurbished second living room, as there was a spare HD tv in there. He was still using an old TV from 2003. However, when I hooked it all up, I heard the boot up sound, but there was no picture. After that, I assume it froze, the controller kept flashing 4 green lights, and nothing seemed to work. I tried hooking it up with the regular AV cables, and it worked fine. I tried to swap it out while it was sill running, and I got a gray screen. I've tried looking up in the support thing, but it's no help. I got no response from the Ambassador thing. The TV works fine, We have a Blu-ray player and a Dish Joey, so its not the TV.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your situation.

But, did you try a new set of HDMI cables for the console?  Since the console works with regular AV cables, then it seems the problem is with the other set.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope, same result.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kooky! Is the TV on the proper channel to receive HDMI input? I only ask because I've seen stuff like this happen before and the person was just forgetting to change to the proper input channel. Assuming that your channel is set properly, it might be something wrong with the HDMI port on the console. Do you have another console that you can try hooking up to this same TV using the same HDMI cable? This will just let us know if another console will work under the same conditions.

Sorry this didn't help.

I already found out the answer, my TV doesn't support HDCP, it works on other TVs.

Sorry this didn't help.