Xbox 360 Elite life duration

How much does a xbox 360 (elite version) last?

I have it from 7 years, I bought it as it was released.

I really fear the final rrod, so how much can I still play with my console? Its conditions are excellent, and it has been delivered to Germany to repair only one time for a production error.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would say you are lucky to have gotten 7 years from one console.

even if it does get rrod it can always be fixed if your willing to pay microsoft to do so.

So... It is going to die? Nowadays it emits some strange rumors and vibrations, like an old computer

Alessio

Everything eventually dies so I would say to keep your eye on things.  I had an original arcade model console for over 6 years before I decided it was about time for a new one.  I took advantage of a local trade in deal and traded the old console in for the new slim.  The difference that I had to pay was only $30.

[quote user="Violin Spider"]

I really fear the final rrod, so how much can I still play with my console? Its conditions are excellent, and it has been delivered to Germany to repair only one time for a production error.

[/quote]The elite has not been out for 7 years, the 360 launched November 2005 and the elite came out around 2007, so your elite is only 5 years old.

I still have my original 20gb premium that is working, but now boxed away in the loft.

[quote user="Farscape247"]

[quote user="Violin Spider"]

[/quote]The elite has not been out for 7 years, the 360 launched November 2005 and the elite came out around 2007, so your elite is only 5 years old.

I still have my original 20gb premium that is working, but now boxed away in the loft.

[/quote]

Oh, yes, I'm sorry, I have the pro edition, anyways, if it dies, to transfer datas from my HDD to the slim new one, can I use only a transfer cable?

Alessio

When did you send it in for repair? You may no longer have a Xenon, but an Opus (Falcon with no HDMI). An Opus will last a while longer. And yes, you just need the HDD transfer cable. The previous console is not required.

If the console is dead and you don't have access to another old model, then yes only the transfer cable can do the job. If you can gain access to another old model then you could swap the data to the Slim via USB stick.

-

Basic knowledge that will be handy for you as an Ambassador.

[quote user="voteDC"]

If the console is dead and you don't have access to another old model, then yes only the transfer cable can do the job. If you can gain access to another old model then you could swap the data to the Slim via USB stick.

-

Basic knowledge that will be handy for you as an Ambassador.

[/quote]

Thanks, I already know it but I had a doubt

Alessio

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

When did you send it in for repair? You may no longer have a Xenon, but an Opus (Falcon with no HDMI). An Opus will last a while longer. And yes, you just need the HDD transfer cable. The previous console is not required.

[/quote]

I sent it to Germany to repair in 2008 for a rare production error

Alessio

Also, how can you use a wired controller on a slim xbox 360?

I have seen that it has usb ports only in the back part...

Alessio