Xbox 360 Elite Can't accessScreen

First post, so please forgive any mistakes,

Anyway: First Power Brick only shows Orange, do I just need to replace the Power Brick and Cables?

Second, Console switches on, with flashing green lights on the ring, also shows section green lights, and which console I'm using. But that's it, no pictures, no sound, no access to system at all. Using HDMI connector, which I know is OK.

Problem only started after installing a BT Set Top Box????, which is working fine, which doesn't seem to have affected any thing else????

Any help and advice very much appreciated, kind regards.Leftalgypalgy. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Greetings LeftAlgypalgy

If your power supply is solid orange light, your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, please try these instructions: support.xbox.com/.../no-power-solution

If it's flashing orange, your power supply may need to be replaced. You can call a repair here: myservice.xbox.com/.../consolemanager.aspx

If that's doesn't fix both problems, please let us know.

Two more things, how's the xbox connected to your tv? HDMI, Component, VGA ?

Also, please try to reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, by following these steps:
1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
2. Turn the console off.
3. Turn the console on.

Note: If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller.

Note: Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller is the controller where the upper-left quadrant light is on.
4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time. This causes the Xbox Dashboard to reset the display settings to the default settings and then automatically restarts the console. So it's OK when the Xbox 360 console restarts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Many thanks for the advice. I have tried these suggestions, but no luck. However I will go through them again, later today and see if anything works. I'll get back afterwards.

Kind regards, LeftAlgypalgy.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, just finished trying all your advice, been through everything  else in the Fotum that might be pertinent.

There is some improvement, eg: I can get to a picture, but it's all fuzzy, and only fills half the screen, so I can't do anything with the settings. Therefore preety sure with need to go for a repair???

Kind regards, LeftAlgypalgy

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you try the console on another TV?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LeftAlgypalgy! As a test would you be able to try an alternate HDMI or VGA/Component cable? Is there a chance you could try with another television as Woden HTG suggested? More specifically, can you try in an alternate room than your new Top Box device? Let us know! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Many thanks for replys, unfortunately I had already tried these options, but no change. I have therefore gone for a repair. Just waiting for UPS to pick the parcal .

I am very grateful to the Forum for all the help and assistance. I know where to go in the future.

Kind regards, LeftAlgypalgy

Sorry this didn't help.