Xbox 360 E power supply problem

My xbox 360 E is Region 1, NTSC. the Power voltage is 110V but i live in Bangladesh where the voltage is 220V everywhere. So when i tried to plug in the adapter, there was a burst sound and i took it out as fast as i could. Probably i burnt my power supply. So should i get a Stabilizer or get a new power supply which is 220V? I could really use some help here.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Hello SinfulBoost61740, because the power supply you had was built for running on a power system of 110v at 60hz , and you've connected it to a 220v at 50hz outlet you've likely "fried" your power supply, but luckily that's basically what it's intended to do to save your console and you from catching on fire.

In the future, you'll really want to get a world power converter, as it's not just the voltage that is different outside the USA, it's also the cycles per second of the AC voltage that will wreak havoc on your sensitive electronics. With that, since you've likely "popped" the fuse in the power supply after overloading it, you're more than likely going to have to get a new one of those as well. Sorry I don't have much good news for you, but be happy it didn't end up being any worse than it did. Best wishes, and let us know how you make out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thumpah da Wolf, thank you for your reply buddy.

i got 2 options now.

1. Get a stabilizer.

2. Get a 220V power supply cord(which is recommended by experts)

I just need to know which will be the best option.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.