Xbox 360 Disc Tray Opening Troubles

It seems my Xbox is having troubles opening the disc tray after a long day of usage. The next day I go to turn it on, I usually press the button over 20x and it doesn't open unless I assist it. Are there anyways of fixing this problem? I've had my Xbox since Oct of 2007 and I'm not sure if it's b/ my Xbox is getting old or if stuff like this comes naturally. One thing is for sure, this Xbox has not givin' me any other troubles besides this, so I should consider myself lucky. I usually take some tweezers and take the rubber polley off to wash it etc. but i do believe there has got to be more to it. Any solution is more than welcome.

Note: This is my alternative account aside from my main account DCI GOVERNATOR

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

seems odd. are you sure its not dirty/damaged? does it make any noise?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="IxTHEPUNISHERx1"]

It seems my Xbox is having troubles opening the disc tray after a long day of usage. The next day I go to turn it on, I usually press the button over 20x and it doesn't open unless I assist it. Are there anyways of fixing this problem? I've had my Xbox since Oct of 2007 and I'm not sure if it's b/ my Xbox is getting old or if stuff like this comes naturally. One thing is for sure, this Xbox has not givin' me any other troubles besides this, so I should consider myself lucky. I usually take some tweezers and take the rubber polley off to wash it etc. but i do believe there has got to be more to it. Any solution is more than welcome.

Note: This is my alternative account aside from my main account DCI GOVERNATOR

[/quote]

Likely age and your console will no longer be under warranty for disc tray issues.  The only two support articles I found that may assist is this and this.  If they don't help, you can always try calling Xbox Support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and see what they can suggest.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Mister Switch

Nah it's not damaged or dirty, it's like there is a clipping point which it can't free itself hence the jamming.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="IxTHEPUNISHERx1"]

@ Mister Switch

Nah it's not damaged or dirty, it's like there is a clipping point which it can't free itself hence the jamming.

[/quote]

Could your faceplate be getting in the way?

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

My older model xbox I had before was like that. I actually had to hit it above the tray to get it to open.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually what I did was remove the disc tray completely without breaking it. Clicked the button a few times and it seems the gear cogs spin slowly then speed up on last second. So I just took some tweezers and took the rubber band out and cleaned it. Afterwards w/out putting it back on immidiately, I played around with the disc tray back in, did the in/out procedure numerous of times. Then I put the rubberband back on and again, did the cycle. As of right now, it seems to be ok, but I reckon this is only temporary.

Whatever problem may occur, I'll never tap my Xbox on the top to pop the disc trey open, I fear it my loosen something valueable and important and I don't want to damage the laser.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, the repair job you did voids any TOU specifications as is... You're better of saving for a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Jameser78"]

Actually, the repair job you did voids any TOU specifications as is... You're better of saving for a new one.

[/quote]

Yeah, though at least his five year general hardware failure warranty was nearly up anyway, and it wouldn't help with disc tray issues (that's covered under the one year general warranty).

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

Give the tray a good Blow job with some Dust-Off. I just did that the other day and it slides in and out with no troubles.

Forgot to say. It was going in all by it self. So that's why I did it.

Sorry this didn't help.