Xbox 360 Dashboard lag with DVI Cable

Hey guys, I play on my monitor and had this problem ever since I started playing, whenever my 360 loads up the dashboard, it takes a really long time. I moved my Xbox to a standard TV and used HDMI and standard AV cables and there was no problem there, but when I use my DVI cable to play on my monitor it takes a good 2 minutes to load the 360 dashboard, any ideas?

I don't think it's the actual cable itself, because I bought it brand new - Although I could be wrong.
 Does anyone else here play on their monitor using DVI cables and have this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I would suggest switching everything to HDMI since there is no lag in HDMI and you get better quality. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to PM me :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would but my PC monitor does not have a HDMI slot, there is a DVI and VGA Slot - I tried a VGA to HDMI Cable a long time ago and it did not work. When I went over to a DVI to HDMI cable that worked but there is a 2 minute wait when you load the dashboard which could get frustrating when swapping games.

But yeah, only if my PC had a HDMI slot >.<

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.