Xbox 360 Dashboard HELP!

i recently just got an Xbox 360 Elite and it came with the very first dashboard. It wont let me connect to live unless i have a memory unit or a hard drive. How can i update the dashboard without these things? Also i have lots of USB's but the old dashboard didnt support the usb's yet. Please Help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Hey Mr, it's very possible that you'll need to use one of those two devices to update, but first, it might be worth trying to update via USB (I wasn't sure from your post if you've tried this, or if you were trying to use a USB as a memory unit). Can you try following step 5 on this page to see if it allows you to update?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

One or other of those are indeed required to get the Update, as the Update can't fit in the Xbox 360's Internal Memory (I'm not referring to the Slim's 4GB Internal). And even if you could Update without those, it would be pointless as the Gamer Profile, Game Saves, etc. Require a Memory Unit or a Xbox 360 Hard Drive. You could however use a USB Flash Drive as a Memory Unit, and it would work. That's what I used before i got a 120GB Hard Drive for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

^ agree with the posts above, you'll need a HDD or memory unit for the updates. HDD being the better option in my opinion

Sorry this didn't help.