Xbox 360 controller right motor makes loud noise

I got a new xbox 360 controller yesterday. The buttons are good, soft and responsive but I think I have a problem with the right motor. It mostly make sound while not vibrates at all !!!

Long story: I play Assassin Creed Brotherhood for a while and feel the vibration's weak. So I follow this thread to try test the vibration . I download both x360ce_lib32_r848_VS2010.zip andx360ce.App-2.1.2.191.zip, put them in the same folder and run the program. However, it need something and tell me it will download it but take forever to load (internet is OK).

Pic 1: the program need something.

Pic 2: If I skip it, there's a warning

Despite that, the program still recognizes correctly all the inputs. Then I try to test the vibration, the left is ok but the right one just make a loud noise while the vibration is weaker. I tell the support guy (at the shop) and he say the reason is those 2 motors are different. I still can return it if I want.

Short story: It's make a loud noise when it vibrates, the sound is totally different than the left motor.

My question is: is my controller is bad? Should I return it or use another tool to test the controller again?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I would return it. It sounds like the right motor is not connected to the mechanics that make it vibrate.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, OUTSIDER62. If you and anyone read this own a xbox360 controller, please test its motors vibration with tool like x360ce or others...

I found this link (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.xna.framework.input.gamepad.setvibration.aspx)  and seem there is a difference between the two motors, one with low and  high frequency. But mine sounds ain't good.

I will return it on Monday, but still curious about this problem :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.