Xbox 360 controller problem

My wireless xbox 360 controller left analog stick has not been working right for the last couple of months. First, it started feeling different, and got stuck in certain positions sometimes. When i push it and try to move, it doesnt work (ex: sprinting in call of duty games doesnt work right) and just recently, many times when i try to push it forward, in the game nothing happens, or i move backwards. It is pretty frustrating, and i wanted to know if there was a way to fix the problem, or if i just need to buy another controller.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If it's old, take it apart and clean it. I had an older controller and took it apart to find it a bit dirty (unlikely to cause an issue but still) and clean the sticks, sweat builds up on them very easily and it's nasty.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How old is the controller? From the sound of it, it seems like it has been used a lot and that it has been worn down. If it is not brand new, then you are going to have to buy an all new controller. You could always take it apart and try and figure it out yourself, but I do not know what specifically could be the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.