Xbox 360 Controller does not work on my PC ?

Hi guys ..
I do not know, but my Xbox 360 Controller is not working on my computer?
Looked at the Microsoft site for software, but I can not find any support for Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro?
Is there a solution to this problem? Will include definitions or software for Windows 8 soon ..
Please help
Show please :
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 98 Applies to:

Hello REDANGAMER sorry to about your issues  first of all do you have the proper accessorie connected to it since in order for it to worlk youll need it to connect to your PC if you already have this then check for the lastest software and system update or even look for a driver needing updates if this doest work i must advise you to go to Microsoft`s own support forum hope this helps you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You're using a wired controller, a wireless controller and the Wireless Gaming Adapter, or a wireless controller with a Play & Charge cable? The Play & Charge cable option won't work as that cable doesn't transport data.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been seeing other people with windows 8 also have problems with this. To clarify is your controller wireless or wired? If wireless you need a wireless gaming receiver connected to your pc and you controller syncs to that. As mentioned earlier a play and charge kit cable does not work for this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am guessing the controller is a wired controller as the Wireless controller with Wireless PC adapter comes with drivers on a DVD in the box which work with Windows 8 (I use them myself).

As mentioned earlier by IceStorm III, a wireless controller with a Play and Charge kit won't work as that play and charge kit only carries power to charge/run a wireless controller with your Xbox 360.

If it is indeed a wired Xbox 360 controller you are trying to use with Windows 8 you can use the Windows 7 drivers which you can download here: www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox 360 controllers will not connect wirelessly to a computer. If you are trying to use a Play-and-Charge cable to connect through USB, that is not what it is designed for and won't be compatible. If you really want to use an xbox controller on your computer I would recommend either purchasing an adapter build to do this, or one of the controllers out there that are built for PC.

Sorry this didn't help.

Apparently Microsoft can't be bothered to update the controller drivers for windows 7 and 8, I have a wireless X Box controller with the play and charge kit. On my vista PC all I had to do was plug it in, it was recognized and worked immediately. On windows 7 it will detect it as a device but not as an actual controller. Microsoft would just rather tell you to buy a wireless receiver or a wired controller then fix their flawed drivers. The play and charge kit story about it not working is completely false.

Sorry this didn't help.