XBox 360 Connection issues

My 2 teenage boys have an xbox 360 with xbox live connected to it.  We have discovered recently that their gamertag account is actually a child account (it was set up quite awhile ago).  Anyway with the recent new terms of agreement that popped up I have been asked to approve it via their xbox.  A default email address is showing which cannot be changed and I have to enter in the appropriate password to approve.  Well I have done so with many different options with no luck.  I have also logged into the account on the actual website with that email address with no troubles.  However, when I log into the account via the website an older gamertag they used to use is what pops up at the top of the screen, not the active one they use on the xbox.  I have managed to log into to a couple other accounts our family has via the website as well, but only another gamertag pop up.  The bottom line is I cannot find the account with their active gamertag they have been using for several years now.  I called Microsoft a couple of months ago to no avail and tried again last night.  I talked to an agent for 2 hours who was very nice, but we accomplished nothing!  I am very frustrated at at the point where I may have to tell my boys they have to give up their gamertag and start over.  The one is definitely upset about this and asked me to try again this morning.  I really don't know what to do anymore.  I think the account may be connected to my email and my one son's school email, but we did not manage to find anything that way either, by looking into that.  Grrr!  If anyone can help me with my very strange situation I would be ever so grateful!  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there JDU 10,

I am sorry you're experiencing this issue, I will try my best to help you!

By reading your situation I see that the account(s) have family parental controls on. To manage this please visit account.microsoft.com/family.

To learn more information about Xbox Family/Parental Controls visit:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

- Rommel

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.