Xbox 360 black screen after failed update, please help!

Hi, I've now got a problem with my xbox 360 S GB device. I haven't turned it on for a long while, and yesterday I turned it on and did a system update. The system update failed (stuck at downloading phase with some weird patterns showed on TV, not chessboard though), then I tried to shut down and restart the system, but after that there was nothing showed up on TV after all, NO ERROR CODE. If I start the system with the wireless controller, the controller will connect to the system(1 led showed up); if started with power button, then the controller won't connect to the system, and the led on controller will keep flashing(the entire circle). The power button is still showing green, as well as the led on power adapter box.

I tried switching HDMI cables, as well as composite cables, neither helped. Tried updating with USB drive, nothing happened. Y button+right bumper didn't help either.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  If you have a hard drive installed in the console can you try removing it then restarting?  If that doesn't work then you may need to send it in for repair.  

http://myservice.xbox.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't have any hard drive connected to the console, so no... Is there any other options to try?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately no.  You will probably need to send it in for repair.  However, you could contact phone support so they can try some other troubleshooting steps.  1-800-469-9269 in North America.

Sorry this didn't help.