Xbox 360 250GB slim - Very hot??

Hi guys,

I have had an xbox slim for about a week now and I have noticed that the xbox gets very hot over the fan on the top of the xbox. I have my xbox vertical and most of the xbox is cool but the fan on top is Hot - Nearly hot to touch. I have the gloss version.

Now, I'm thinking this is a good thing because it means it's getting rid of all the heat in the xbox and releasing it through the vent but I may be wrong. I'm getting a bit worried because my friend said he has the exact same model and his is blowing out cool air. My room is pretty small and it gets hot in it so maybe that is the problem?

Thanks alot!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 140 Applies to:

It's normal. The cooling system is better designed in the slims and forces more heat out of the console. I believe the top fan is actually located directly over the heatsink. Older 360s tended to keep more heat inside the console. Honestly, I don't know how your friend could have one that blows out cool air.  Anyway, slims also have a failsafe that automatically shuts the console off it if overheats so don't worry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.