Xbox 250GB Slim Freezes On Startup

Turned on my Xbox today, only to find it was just stuck on the boot logo!

I'm guessing I'll need to send it in for a repair? or is there a quick fix I've not been told yet?

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you haven't already try to take out the Hard Drive and clean it off after that put it in very carefully to where it will just snap right in. If that doesn't fix it you'll probably have to send it in. Good luck and sorry to hear it's not working right.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would also suggest turning the system on without the hard drive inside it, and see if you can get passed the boot screen.  It might just end up being that your HDD is having issues and not the overall console.  If your allowed to get passed the boot screen without the HDD plugged in, I would suggest disabling auto sign in from the settings menu.

support.xbox.com/.../disable-auto-sign-in

That link will show you how to do it, I would assume the settings are saved to the console and not HDD. The reason I'm asking you to do this, is because its possible your profile is corrupt and preventing the console from loading as it tries to sign in. So disabling it might allow your HDD to get passed that section once its plugged back in.  You can then manually delete your profile and then recover it, which will hopefully fix the error.

Secondly, if the above works, I would also changing themes of that profile, in case that too is corrupt and is preventing loading as well. You may also want to just clear the cache of the HDD by going to storage, highlighting the HDD but instead of clicking A, click Y, you will be given options, one of which is to clear cache.

The above are just suggestions but let us know if they helped. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the advice. I removed the hard drive and tried turning it on but still getting stuck on the boot animation. I also tried taking out the network card and all USB devices, and still no joy.

I think this might be terminal. It's funny, because I sent this xbox away to be "fixed" about 6 months ago reference a graphics issue and they couldn't "find" a fault. I think it's due to it overheating. How much is this going to cost to "fix"? *gulp*

Sorry this didn't help.

If the system is still under warranty, repair will be free, however if not,  its a bit pricy..  $123 US. (not sure if you were asking for the price or just making a statement lol)  but there ya go regardless :P.

Sorry this didn't help.