Xbox 1 LAG and CONNECTION Problems.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? The United Kingdom

Router brand-Bt infinity

Wired or wireless: Wired

Things you have tried: Looking online and at the forums to find a solution

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? No

Any Error Codes you encounter: 22% high packet loss but i tried the forums and it didnt fix the lag

Who is your ISP? BT

After playing on the xbox one for weeks with a great connection and zero lag i went on one day to find that everytime i play a game online i lag/ disconnect. My download speed is 6.54 mb and my ping is 74ms. I bought a brand new ethernet cable to see if it would improve but no improvents occured. It also said something about high packet loss which is around 22%. Any one have any ideas? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 57 Applies to:

Hey there Ripzy! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

How are you measuring your packet loss? Also, do you play any games on other devices (other consoles, PC, etc) and experience lag/disconnects while playing?

I've experienced high packet loss myself (was up to 40% at one point) and it turned out that it was an issue with my line that had to be sorted by my ISP. I suggest giving your provider a call and checking what they're seeing on their end.

Let us know how that goes and we'll be standing by to hear back from you. ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ripzy im been going through this problem now since 22nd November . what I will tell u is its a nightmare to sort as bt will blame xbox , but believe me when I say ive been back and for xbox support and bt which is so frustrating, as you end up not knowing who to believe .

the problem 100% will be with a fault on your line but as I found out not easy to get bt to listen they kept saying my line is perfect and speeds are good,  DONT EXEPT THIS ASK THEM TO RUN A TRACE  , which is were I am now and guess what they found that the packet loss is in there network not xbox . so I am now waiting to hear what they are going to do to fix this .

to mister cerb and all the other tech support I say you were right all along . it has been very frustrating not knowing who to believe but in the end got there so I apologise for all the grief I've given you guys over this, and thank you for helping me finally find out who the blame really lies with .now just waiting for bt to fix the problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.