Xbone randomly dropping bandwidth

Hoping someone can help, I've been having these issues for a while. I am having random severe drops in bandwidth on my xbone. For example, yesterday I logged in, details showed 24 Mbps dl and 2.6 Mbps ul, but in the middle of a Smite match, I got kicked out (this happened twice within 4 matches). I checked the details again and it showed .9 Mbps dl, while upload was still the same at 2.6 Mbps. I checked my phone and laptop which are on the same wireless router and they both showed the 24 Mbps. I reboot the Xbone and it's back to 24 Mbps. Happens a lot when streaming Hulu, yet I can stream Hulu on my laptop with no issues (after the 2nd Smite kick, I switched to my laptop and steamed 3 hours of Hulu with no issues).  It's a Netgear router and the xbone is seeing 100% signal, and unfortunately, due to its location, I can't try it wired to see if that helps (I wish I could). This all happens kinda random, it's happened while downloading updates, streaming, gaming, etc. Sometimes it happens after only a few minutes, other times I'll be fine for hours. Please help, this is really getting annoying. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi Burnout383, 

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox connectivity. Really as this is wireless the best option is to try a wired connection. I understand that due to the location this step can be problematic, but it would greatly help you in troubleshooting this issue. Wireless can have interference and other random issues, and this would also tell you if it's a possible Xbox hardware issue. If it happens wired then you would know that it's an issue with the router in some form. If you have not rebooted your router, I would suggest doing that. If you've already rebooted the router, then I would contact the manufacturer to see if there are any firmware updates available for the router

Hope this helps.  

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.