XBL Silver issues

I can only presume this is another bull**** inconvenience added to screw people over by Microsoft.

I've had XBL Gold before. I don't use it, I don't play online, and thus it's a waste to me. I tried to take my profile over to a friend's house today as an XBL Silver account, and when I arrived at his house, I was disallowed from signing in.

As in, I said to sign in, and Microsoft repeatedly asked me for my email and password. I'd enter these in, and despite having two "Security Proofs" on my account, and having ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUE AT ALL FROM HOME, I kept getting an error message and would be repeatedly "kicked out" of my own profile.

So I walked back home with my USB drive that has my profile, and it worked just fine.

Walked back to my friend's house, and immediately given more bull**** "Sign in with your email address and password?" nonsense that would REFUSE to allow me to sign in.

If you want to know WHY after 10 years as a customer, I'm going to purchase a PS4 and NOT the Xbox One, here's one reason. You people go OUT OF YOUR WAY to screw over anyone who doesn't want to pay for XBL Gold.

All I wanted to do was play my own Diablo 3 character at his house, and instead it took us an hour of stupid crap to make something as SIMPLE as signing into my own profile to work.

In the end, the only way I could avoid being kicked out of my own profile, was if NOBODY on his console connected to Xbox Live.

Thanks for nothing, Microsoft. If you're going to go out of your way to make my usage of an Xbox a pain in the ***, then I'm going to be a Sony customer. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

That has nothing to do with being Gold or not.  The reason you can use it at home with no trouble is because your console was registered with your account.  One possible reason for the issues you're having is that you may have Two-Step Verification on, you can check that at account.live.com under "Edit security info".  If it's on then you needed to create and us an "app password" to sign in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And yet when I had XBL Gold, I was able to go to the same friend's house and sign in without issue.

Now that I'm only XBL Silver, it's a problem.

I do not have 2-step verification on, and checking security settings was the first thing I did when I came back home and it worked fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing to do with gold as  fredgilblet said you might want to contact xbox support agents for more information

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

-

I have to agree with the others, this is likely because security was enhanced. Please check this link account.live.com/.../Manage to see if two step verification is enabled or not. If it is enabled you will need to use an app password instead of your account password.

Also be sure to have at least 2 security proofs on the account (like an alternate email and phone number)

If all is in place. the cache on your friends console might be causing issues (since your profile was logged in on there in the past)

On his console be sure to check if your profile isn't on his console (settings - system - storage - storage device - profiles) and be sure to check if there are corrupt profiles, if there are any please remove them (they will have a yellow icon and saying corrupt)

After that please clear the cache of the console, settings - sytem - storage - highlight a storage device and press Y and select to clear the cache.

Restart the xbox console afterwards.

Now try your profile on this console again

Sorry this didn't help.