XBL region question

Hello to everyone reading this,

I hope I am posting this in the right section, if I am not I apologize.

This year I am moving back to Europe, and my console is NTSC, if I register XBL under the PAL region, can I use my NTSC games?

For example I will be registering another account I guess under Romania if possible, can I use my NTSC regioned games to play online?

Also is it possible to play games on live services while in Romania, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there!  There's a few different kinds of "regions" that can affect a console different.  Your physical location and account region are one kind- however as far as NTCS/PAL are concerned, that has to do with the physical manufacture of the console and discs.  Regardless of where you are located, or what kind of account you have, they will still be incompatible.  I hope this answers your question!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries shows Romania is not yet supported for XBL online game play.
Some games may be able to play, but some may not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ernie, not really. Well my xbox is NTSC. And I will be playing NTSC games, if I register my live account for UK, will I still be able to play my NTSC games normally?!

Sorry this didn't help.

With your NTSC console, you can take it anywhere you want  and still play your NTSC game. (you will need an outlet converter for certain countries)
It doesn't really matter what region you create your gamertag in, the only problem is that you will not be able to any games you buy in your new region while still using your original NTSC console....unless you do your research online and find out which games are region free (these disc will play on any console) and which are region specific (these will only play on the specific region's console).

Vibroplex mentioned that there is no XBL support for Romania and you figured you could just create an account under U.K

The only issues you will have will be marketplace and probably account and retail related.

With your NTSC console, in Romania, under a U.K account, you will be extremely limited to certain offers online. If there is a free promo on the dashboard, there is a high chance you will not be able to download the free game.

You would also have to buy Microsoft points and XBL renewal cards from the U.K region since any other redeem code from any other region will continue to be invalid.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, most likely I will purchase my NTSC games from the internet and order to ship them to wherever I'll be.

As long as I will be able to play my games, such as GTA V under the NTSC format while being in Europe for example. I'll be happy.

Sorry this didn't help.

hello mrs Ermine i have messaged you via forums PM

Sorry this didn't help.

@jackbatchie - Please don't revive an old thread from 8 months ago just to send a personal message.  Also, you should modify your signature seeing as how you currently don't have an ambassadors badge showing.

Sorry this didn't help.