XBL not working anymore

hello people!

well my problem is my xbox live isn working anymore. yesterday i was playing black ops:II when i got disconnected from xbox live. i didnt think anything of it at first but i tried again this morning and it still wont connect.. ive got a wired connection going directly to my 2wire router/modem. my internet is working just fine, and my live subscription should still be good. i went through the live solutions at (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/cant-connect-to-xbox-live-solution) but i still cant seem to find whats causing this problem. when i test my connection it stops between network and internet then says test failed, then i get an MTU error. ive tried unplugging the router and xbox for 30 secs and reconnecting, but it doesnt work. and it says a problem with your router or modem is preventing communication with XBL, but its been working just fine before yesterday, i didnt do anything to the setup of things.. the only part in the process of those steps i couldnt complete is the manual DNS server part, because i dont have a secondary DNS server number but other than that ive tried everything.

some help would be highly appreciated and i would love you for getting me back on during this double exp weekend ^^

if more information is needed just ask, and ill try to reply as quick as possible. thanks so much!

-TalonBone

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Bud!

Nothing more irritating than being disconnected in game huh? Lets try and resolve your issue! :)

Have a look at this MTU Solution page! See if that resolves your issue! :)

Keep us posted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.