XBL error message(s)

Here's an issue that's been going on for quite some time.  I turn on my xbox 360 elite and as it's loading my profile I get the error message "status code 800705b4" and cannot connect to the internet.  It changes on me after a few minutes and gives me the error message "status code 80072ee2" with the same problem.  I read up on both error codes and found that it could be my router.  I followed the commands and tried again, same problem.  Then someone else said that it could be my profile being corrupt so I deleted it and re-downloaded it, same problem.  Here's the tricky part though.  This only happens in my bedroom which is closer to the router than the main floor.  The reason I can't play on the main floor is "I'm not the only one that lives in this house".  Has this happened to anybody else or is my xbox special? lol

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey mate, If you have a firewall you might need to open network ports for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox Live: support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80072ee2

-

Please see the network ports used by Xbox live here: support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

-

Also sometimes these things can be profile related so deleting your profile from the console (profile only), clearing the system 3 times. Restarting your console and re-downloading your profile can clear this up.

-

Delete and re-download profile: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear system cache: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You could try to buy a cable and connect straight to your modem just to see if the problem lies within your router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.