XBL Disconnects When Loading a Game

I'm not sure how this started or why it's happening but I just recently downloaded the Mass Effect 3 demo and that was pretty much the start of the issues. I tried playing the multiplayer version of the demo for a while, and every time I would try to join it would prompt me that I need to be signed into XBL to play and when I sign into my account (again) it would come up with an error message saying "Xbox LIVE: Your connection to Xbox LIVE has been lost. Please sign in again." and gives me the options 'OK' and 'Test Connection'. I've tried things like resetting my modem, router and xbox 360. My brother can play in the other room on xbox live and without any problems whatsoever. I can't connect to xbox live while in any game. I can watch videos streaming from the dash (like the preview for the new MW3 content) and everything, so I don't think it's any issue on my end. I've tried to clear cache and that doesn't work. I'm still gold. I haven't been banned or anything ever. And my brothers are playing in the other room just fine.... A little help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Bro! I understand you are having some difficulties playing on LIVE. Can you confirm, does this disconnect from LIVE happen when you first start the game, or at some point while playing the game? Also, does this happen with multiple games, or just a certain one?

Additionally, do you get these issues when you and your brother are both trying to play at the same time? If this seems to be the case, I would suggest enabling UPnP on your router. If you are unsure if your router supports this, please feel free to post back here with your router model and I'll see if I can find that info for you.

Finally, just to cover all the bases here, sometimes sharing a network to play on LIVE can have issues if the internet speeds are low. To rule this out, could you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks and let me know what you find.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.