XBL Connection issues through Ethernet

Hi,

Since roughly 5 months, I'm having issues staying connected to XBL. After excluding everything in my house, I opened a chat with Microsoft support. They checked the account and assured me the problem was on my side as the accounts and console were both fine.

The problem: After connecting to XBL, I disconnected randomly within 5-10 minutes. The connections is incredibly slow. Recovering a profile takes 20 minutes, watching items in the avatar store takes 30-60 seconds for 1 item to load.

Not content and determined to find the cause, I went and excluded everything I could. What I've done and results:
- Switches replaced -> No result
- Cable replaced  and directly connected to modem -> No result.
- Modem replaced -> No result
- Forward required ports -> No result.
- Recovered profile & tried another one -> No result.

PSN and all other devices I have work fine. I tried something out of despair. I enabled Wifi on my modem and connected through that. Result: Perfect connection. Everything loads fast and no disconnects.

I conclude from this that there's something wrong with the ethernet port in the Xbox. The problem is, it's not visibly broken, and there *is* a connection, although a crappy one. I've had friends return their Xbox in the past for issues that were not directly testable (like RROD) and their unit was returned as-is, unfixed as the guys doing the RMA are apparently looking for visible flaws, then turn on the Xbox and if it works they send it back.

So my question here. Is this something I can RMA the unit for? I can't find any way to mail support over this, and the waiting lines on the phone support the past few days have been too long for me to get through. Hoping someone has experience on this or other ideas on what to do. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Use the Click2Call system to get to the head of the queue. Right now, the hold time is less than a minute per the web page.

1) Go to support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard

2) At upper right click on SIGN IN to sign in w/ your Windows Live ID & pswd

3) Go to the dark grey bar at bottom. Find CONTACT US at left and click on it

4) On the Contact Us page, set Prduct to Xbox LIVE, set Category to Connect to Xbox LIVE and Issue Type to Networking or Technical Issues

5) Scroll down to REQUEST A CALL FROM SUPPORT and click on REQUEST A CALL

6) You will be prompted for your password again

7) On the Request A Call screen, check (and, if needed, update) your phone number in Step 1, and put your description in the Step 2 'Tell us more about your issue' box then click the green SUBMIT button at lower left.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have the same problem and also went from wired to wireless....

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Theratis. Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. To start, is your router up-to-date with the latest firmware? Can you fill out your responses to the questions in bold below?:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

Thanks! Standing by for your post. :)

henrod, can you please create a new thread for your situation? Be sure to include a full description of your situation including any error messages you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  Germany

Modem brand & model number: Speedport W303V (replaced to try and solve problem, old one was W503V. Germany does not allow custom modems and thus I cannot replace this by one on the official compatibility list. Both have always worked with XBL before these issues started)

Router brand & model number: No router is used.

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal, it's a slim model.

Things you have tried:

- Cable placed directly between Xbox and modem

- Cable replaced

- Modem replaced

- Wifi works without any issues, wired does not.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No, NAT is open, all required ports have been forwarded.

Any Error Codes you encounter: None. Connection is just incredibly slow and drops every 10 minutes tops when using a wired connection.

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? T-Online

The only thing this can be in my humble opinion is a hardware issue on the Xbox. Nothing changed when the situation went from everything OK to problems-everywhere. Cable and modem have been replaced and Wifi when connecting Xbox to the same modem works perfectly fine with the exact same settings.

Sorry this didn't help.

< Modem brand & model number: Speedport W303V (replaced to try and solve problem, old one was W503V. Germany does not allow custom modems and thus I cannot replace this by one on the official compatibility list.

There is no need to replace a modem, for there is no list of compatible modems, it is a list of compatible _routers_ at support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

Sorry this didn't help.