XBL account hacked

Got hacked the other day. Appears to be a very similar story going around forums. Someone got into my account used my MS points (2600 of them) and I'm guessing tried to use my CC to buy more. Seems to be tied to FIFA 12 (a game I do not own), it shows it being my last game played and 3 achievements are unlocked then over 20 DLC purchases emptying out my MS points on Premium Gold Packs and Gold Packs. Called MS support and my account is suspended and under investigation. Unfortunately, they say it can take a month before I hear anything. Feel like the victim is getting hit twice here.

I was able to recover my account but it seems I may not be out of the woods yet. Many others in forums say they recovered accounts and changed passwords and all only to be hacked AGAIN by the same person. My security settings are changed along with my passwords (did it several times) in hopes to be done with this. The one thing that bothers me is seeing that FIFA achievement list up there......feels like he has left the door opened with that but I could just be paranoid at this point. Needless to say I will be checking things constantly until MS can assure me this is taken care of.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Oh no... I sent an email to support yesterday for the very same reason. I had to recover my profile, which I thought was odd, then noticed my points account had gone down (by 600 points) and apparently I'd played Fifa 12 and got 2 achievements - a game I don't have either.

I'm very worried that you say people have been hacked again and also that it takes SO long to investigate. :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.