XB1 Sound through receiver low

I have my XB1 audio and video running HDMI through a receiver and the sound is ridiculously low.  When watching TV (not through XB1) the volume level is around 19-23 but when I'm running my XB1 the volume level is set to 33-40.  Also i get a heartbeat like sound when a game is paused or a Blu-Ray has long pause (Black screen) between titles (like watching a TV show on disk and it's moving between episodes). Finally when playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, the sound kept cutting out for a few seconds.  I've tried multiple HDMI cables and various input channels on my receiver. The only thing i haven't tried is taking the receiver out of the equation and using TV speakers, but my TV is surface mounted to the wall and all cables are routed through the wall, so that is quite a task. I've scoured the internet and haven't found this exact issue yet.  So any insight would be great.

Thanks

Mr McGibblits

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

This sounds like your speakers are unpowered from the receiver you are using. That noise of it cutting in and out is called clipping which can severely damage or potentially destroy your speakers.  I'm not 100% on this guess but either your speakers are clipping from being unpowered from your receiver your audio setting on Xbox one is set to the wrong thing. Give more info please about your speakers watts receiver brand and model and your audio setting on Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.