X360S HDD Error? :/

ok so, i was playing Black Ops 2 earlier, and my xbox froze. so i turned it off, waited a minute, and turned it back on. took extremely long to boot up, and when i did i noticed i wasn't automatically signed in. so i went to sign in and my profile isn't there, nor could i download it. basically since Xbox Live was down i figured that's what caused the Profile errors. Fast forward, now my profile is good, i can see i have a few friends on. So everything's all good right? Nope. I went into system settings and into my HDD. it says i have 183GB free, out of 229. Well, that's normal and everything, except that when i enter the hard drive, theres no items in any of the categories, everything is blank. i had a few games installed, some music and some other things. Now they're gone. But here's the kicker, if i were to try to transfer the content on my HDD, it says it's 44.7GB to xfer, but where are the files if when i browse my HDD there's nothing in any of the categories. Basically I'm wondering how one could fix this issue.. i can re install a few of the games i had on disc, but there were 2-3 games i bought on the store that id have to re download which wouln't be a big deal, if it literally didnt take 20-24 hours PER game to download. I can't leave my xbox on that long again.. unless I could get a refund for the points spend. ( which i doubt, but honestly this shouldn't have happened and im not putting my xbox in potential harm by leaving it constantly on that long again ) Anyone know a solution to the issue? id prefer to not call tech support tomorrow, but i will if no good leads are found here. Also, excuse the typos and bad grammar, it's 3 am on the east coast and i do not have to energy to type properly. Sorry.

xxVIPERTREK79xx<3

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well, I'm not sure about the Arcade and the Elite but I have the Xbox S and if you switch it off it still downloads (you have to put on 'Backround Downloads' in the settings). Unfortunately you can't get a refund. Also, have you tried taking out your HDD, then putting it back in? If it says there's stuff on it, then there is. It's probably just glitched after the crash (That's why I suggested taking the HDD out:) ). Hope you get it fixed. Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I will try to take the HDD out and put it back in to see if it makes a difference. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

EDIT: taking out the HDD didn't fix anything. Also, i cannot download anything from xbox live. I tried to play Black Ops 2 today, and it said i needed the nuketown map, which i have on my HDD it jsut isn't working right. so i try to re download it  and it says can't download ( insert downloaded app/whatever name here ). tried with netflix, and IE. nothing works. I'm at a loss.. Also my console is under warrenty but id rather not send it back to Msoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

bump

Sorry this didn't help.

Just so you know xxVIPERTREK79xx, "bumping" your thread does the exact opposite of what you are trying to do.  Official Xbox staff read these forums from the oldest recent post, to the newest.  When you "bump", you are shifting the post to the bottom of their pile.  Be patient.  Someone will come along in time.  Later.

Sorry this didn't help.

HomegrownSilky knows our secrets! Somebody is gonna have to take 'em out! *calls in the CIA*

Totally kidding. ^_^

Anyways, hey Viper! It sounds to me like your hard drive took a dive. On the plus side, it sounds like it's still reading some info on there so you should be able to do a HD transfer to save your information.

I would suggest trying a new hard drive (make sure you get an official Xbox 360 brand hard drive). That should yield better results. ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have the extra $ to drop on a new hard drive, nor do I want to send mine in for repair. So I just formatted it and so far everything seems to be fine. Going to take a few days to redownload my games though. Oh well. Thank  You.

Sorry this didn't help.