[X360 Slim] Wireless Card no recognised.

Hello,

I recently encountered an error on my Xbox360 Slim, telling me that I should connect a wireless adapted, but the Xbox360 Slim already has that built in?

Are you having the same error?

Being a software developer, I know that hardware can save caches of recent errors and such, and I assumed that my wireless card had bugged out. I did a little research when my Xbox had this error and saw on these forums that I should contact Microsoft to replace or fix my console. There's no need.

Fix

OK, here's how to fix it - instead of sending it away for a few weeks, or using that insurance you paid for (luckily, I have insurance!), you can apply this simple fix.

Turn off your console correctly (ie, the power button) then remove the power cable from the back of your console and leave your console for a few minutes. Left mine for about 10-15 and it's now working.

That's it! After some minutes, plug your power cable back in, switch on and get back to kicking @@@!!

If this fix worked for you, please reply letting people know it works and I'm not just wasting time.

If it doesn't work for you, then please accept my apologies - it worked for me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Thank you kindly, F34RL355 xLG for the tip.  

And, there is a cross-shipping option for repairs, so folks can get a replacement console before they ship their current console off to repair, FYI.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Vibroplex That was really confusing to me. Who will replace you with a console while yours is being repaired?

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Service, as an option, if you provide a credit card which could be charged if the defective console is not returned.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.