X1 vs Wii U vs PS4 ( my opinion)

As a gamer with a wide variety of tastes I thought Id share my pros of each console since i will be buying them all ( already own a Wii U)

-

Wii U

-

Gamepad is quick and responsive as a controller and functions great as a hand held when someone is watching tv while i am gaming.

-

Great Nintendo exclusives and some of the best platformer action out there.

-

Free online play with the new Nintendo network.

-

Xbox One

-

As a long time member i can vouch for Xbox LIVE being a great service.

-

The controller Looks amazing

-

Future exclusives i am looking forward to ( TitanFall, Halo 5)

-

PS4

-

PS+ is great and I have been a member since it debut. Instant game collection is amazing and this continues on PS4 with day one Drive Club 

-

Lots of Free to play games. Planetside 2, BlackLight, Warframe, DCU etc.

-

Lots of exclusives Im looking forward here also. Killzone , Knack , Deep Down, The Order etc.

-

I will play and enjoy them all although the Wii U has already fallen into place as my "secondary" console for unique games and the PS4 has my early money ( all the X1 stuff i want is next year) Im sure ill find some time to play them all.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Forgot to mention Vita Remote play. This will make my work hours go by much faster lol.

Thats a rather nice outlook on things you have there. And all are the strongest points of their respect full consoles. well done

Pretty much same thoughts here. Except I don't plan on getting a Xbox One for at least 2 years. The Wii U I enjoy but I don't like Mario and Zelda and not all that many games seem to be coming out for that system so I worry for the Wii U at the moment.

Leaves me with PS4 and PC gaming for the next couple of years and handheld gaming.

Seems like a nice and positive post, strange around these parts. You must be around 2% of the WiiU userbase at this stage :P

Kidding aside, while all consoles do have their merits, I prefer sticking to one console, as I'm an MS fan it's the One for me. I barely have room in my entertainment set up for 1 console, how do you lot get so much in?

[quote user="Favious M"]

Seems like a nice and positive post, strange around these parts. You must be around 2% of the WiiU userbase at this stage :P

Kidding aside, while all consoles do have their merits, I prefer sticking to one console, as I'm an MS fan it's the One for me. I barely have room in my entertainment set up for 1 console, how do you lot get so much in?

[/quote]

Honestly I dont get near as much as id like with work and family. basically no time during the week.

-

Which is why My Vita and my 3DS get so much love lately. Dragons crown and Fire Emblem are amazing btw.

-

Console gaming is basically just weekends and the Wii U is getting most of that ( Monster Hunter, Mario,). Though i still jump on the 360 when someone wants to play co op. ( just recently played far cry 3 co-op)

-

Sold my PS3 to pay off the PS4 preorder.

-

Id really like to play dark Souls 2 on 360 but with all the other costs involved in the hobby i cant make myself drop $60 on a console that i most likely wont touch again after a few months lol.

-

Thats my gaming in a nut shell lol.

-

As far as space the Wii U is in the living room and the PS4/X1 will go in the den aka game room.

@thespiralmatrix did you even get any games to really work like they said with remote play with the ps3 as i found it ws mainly ps1 games that allowed it stream a ps3 game to handheld now a ps4 game to handheld im sure there a few problems here

- needs internet on ps4 alot of sony people said it wouldnt need to be connected

-will need a good home internet connection and mobile

-ps not backwards compatable

-the hardware in the vita able to run ps4 games ?

if anyone could help me out here or am i just wrong fully

my WiiU sits and collects dust, my Vita gets played almost everyday by my 5 year old son. I regretted buying a Wii and I still bought a WiiU, I regret that purchase now as well.

some of the upcoming wii u games look fun. but not for what the wii u costs.

[quote user="OTT0 Montana"]

@thespiralmatrix did you even get any games to really work like they said with remote play with the ps3 as i found it ws mainly ps1 games that allowed it stream a ps3 game to handheld now a ps4 game to handheld im sure there a few problems here

- needs internet on ps4 alot of sony people said it wouldnt need to be connected

-will need a good home internet connection and mobile

-ps not backwards compatable

-the hardware in the vita able to run ps4 games ?

if anyone could help me out here or am i just wrong fully

[/quote]

The remote play on the PS3 is super limited and poor really. I dont use it. ( all PS4 games are required to use remote play)

-

Yes I will have to leave my PS4 connected to the net when I leave home in order to remote play. and yes a good connection is better

-

not sure what u mean about ps backwards comp. vita wont play psp games and ps4 wont play ps3 games.

-

as far as the hardware in the Vita. its not being used so much on remote play. The games are streamed via wifi to the vita console. Think the Wii U gamepad but you can leave your house.

[quote user="dudeskis01"]

some of the upcoming wii u games look fun. but not for what the wii u costs.

[/quote]

I enjoy the system for what it is but yes it needs a price cut. It will not ever compete with X1/PS4