X1 Lack of attention!

X1 has been out for several months and yet we get no free game each month and really no special attention on Xbox Live at all. I'm still having more fun on my Xbox 360, which is sad. I have not been excited about having the X1 since the day I opened it. It's no wonder Sony is selling better when the loyal Xbox owners are no longer impressed. I've got BF4 and NFS: Rivals and I'm very disappointed in both. BF4 for obvious reasons and NFS cause it's no better than Most Wanted or Carbon. X1 is suppose to be next Gen but I feel second hand. When is this going to change? When is Xbox going to start giving the X1 members some interest? At least if it had some backwards compatability I could download State of Decay, or Minecraft or chat with 360 friends or something. Too many gaps in progress.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't get me wrong.... I am still glad I purchased it. I just feel they need to address some of the concerns of the users and get some small titles out while we're waiting for some bigger titles like Halo, The Division, or The Crew. BF4 is too glitchy, NFS just sucks, and I have no interest in the other 2 games currently out. Can't wait for some progress.

Yes, i'm on a soap box and venting.

Those two games being run-of-the-mill has nothing to do with the console, just the developers. Perhaps you should look into some other titles.

As for Games with Gold.. well, there's not really much games to give out for free yet, everything is so new. PSN is giving away some cheap indie titles, I guess thats what MS could do, but I don't exactly blame them for not giving out new, free games every month when the console isnt even 2 months old yet.

They are obviously making updates as we speak where they've taken account a lot of user feedback, but those updates arnt made over night. The other games not being out arn't exactly the consoles fault either, but the developers :P Given, Halo is an in-house product, but I rather have them take their time and make it right than have it rushed out of the door and suck (see BF4). Also it wouldn't have probably been the best idea to try and launch an exclusive shooter with the console, seeing that the two biggest FPS franchises released at the same time (BF and CoD).

I know that its the developers, I just kind of got side tracked on my soap box. sorry. As for the Gold Games, I understand why they're not giving away brand new games yet. But they should have thought about that before saying "we'll give you 2 free games a month" and then releasing a new console and not having anything available. I just need to be more patient. But many others are having the same concerns. It really sucks cause I'm losing a lot of Xbox friends to the PS4 over these concerns and others. We still play 360 together some but many don't want the X1.

Xbox has been out for 7 weeks... hardly "several" months....  only has a limited number of games to begin which is expected... it is kind of obvious they will not give "free" games when the console itself has not even had a real update yet... all they said was we are going to continue the free games for gold on the 360 and will eventually roll that out for the X1

Several months? It hasent even been 2 months

The patience level of some people truly does astound me.

I dont think games for gold should appear on the x1 for at least another 6 months.

Free stuffs great but taking a dump on people who paid full retail/digital prices for a game because they were loyal Xbox customers who went out n got it all early on, helping sales figures etc by giving it away for free a few months down the road no ta, let them age and be overshadowed by newer better games then reward the loyal XBOX ONE customers.

Games for Gold is still giving away free games on the 360 as promised and they said the service would resume around Jan on x1 so there's still time to see tbh i think people should think lucky MS just didn't flip you the bird and tell you you're already getting what they promised with games for gold.

@nate882004 as of 1-22-14 it will be 2 months. Easy bro..

Man some peeps get bored easy. Haven't touched my 360 since x1 launched.