X1 Head Set Issues

I've now decided to wait wait for a wireless version of the headset because I have now been been through 3 xbox one headsets now (including the one that came with my console), all worked with hearing and speaking to others at first however after removing the headset from my controller and plugging back in sometimes only once, I lost all voice capabilities on them but could still hear people, i believe its due to how crap the headset connects to the controller, as it can be difficult to plug in and remove and have been through all settings options, I believe this is a massive oversight on the controllers design and is what  is breaking voice chat functionality in them, however one of my controllers can still be used with voice chat but it requires me to use both of may thumbs to keep pressure on the headsets connection to the controller which is pretty awkward when trying to play games with friends, is there anything im missing as this is just getting stupid now?

Yes i know that you need to activate Party Chat

And no it's not the controller as the headsets worked voice and heading wise the first time i pluged them into the controller, the controller is pluged in using a play and charge kit when using the headsets to make sure low battery wasn't an issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I have the same problem and I am now on my 3rd chat headset. Next one will be turtle beech or something other than the crap stock chat head set.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.