X1 chat with 360???? such a let down

So am I to understand that I went out and purchased not only a next gen console that does not support 1080P but upscales 720P. But also traded in games from the 360 to the Xbox One versions to find out that I can not chat with any of my friends off the 360 or play in the same game as them? Tell me this is not true and that I am simply doing something wrong. I should not have to run both system just to chat with my friends and go buy the same games 2 times over

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

[quote user="xxxxCor3xxxx"]

So am I to understand that I went out and purchased not only a next gen console that does not support 1080P but upscales 720P. But also traded in games from the 360 to the Xbox One versions to find out that I can not chat with any of my friends off the 360 or play in the same game as them? Tell me this is not true and that I am simply doing something wrong. I should not have to run both system just to chat with my friends and go buy the same games 2 times over

[/quote]

In the beginning.  Games in the future will support 1080p.  EA confirmed that all of their sports games will run at 1080p for both consoles.

As far as the parties, unfortunately you cannot party chat cross console.

Ask yourself this- How would your friends on Xbox 360 24 player Battlefield possibly play with you on 66 player Battlefield? You really should have done some research. The next gen versions are different, and therefore not compatible. Voice feedback from Xbox One to Xbox 360 is not possible because the audio is calibrated differently. You can still text them, which is better than nothing.

Of course the 2 systems are not going to play together in anyway. Why would they. While the game might be the same BF4, COD, Madden etc the games are very different. Different servers, different hardware, different OS's. Nothing is the same between them. Same with the PS4 and PS3. You can't game between them.

Why does everyone assume that the console can't handle 1080p, Forza 5 runs at 1080p and 60 FPS, so will EA's sports titles. Just because some of the launch games are upscaled doesn't mean the console can't support higher resolutions.

Of course you can't cross game or corss chat between the two systems they are different architectures and as stated earlier different voice calibrations. Xbox 360 uses it's own voice system while Xbox One uses skype technology for it's parties. All of this was explained months ago. Where were you man, under a rock?

The options should be there to run on a xbox one server or on a 360 server. We should be able to join there game but they not join ours. It is still Xbox live. Not crossing Play Station to Xbox.

And as for the chat why? Why not be able to chat with your friends. Why is there not a separate server that runs chats changing the voice spec in the system or when directed to the system...

Seem like simple logic to me. Also seems like a way of forcing those who don't have to get it. Conform or be left out.

I don't know but either way I have $800 on the newest toy to not be able to play with my friends. and not just some anon online but co workers and neighbors. Old friends that I have grown up with.

I am honestly considering returning it trading in the games and sticking with what works. I hate to say it

So many people just assume because of some reviews out there from websites and the fact the xbox has slightly less powerful hardware the xbox will never have their games in 1080p. Fact is within a year I have to expect all games will be 1080p once everyone figures out how to develop for the xbox. I am not worried one bit.

[quote user="Customgamer18"]

So many people just assume because of some reviews out there from websites and the fact the xbox has slightly less powerful hardware the xbox will never have their games in 1080p. Fact is within a year I have to expect all games will be 1080p once everyone figures out how to develop for the xbox. I am not worried one bit.

[/quote]

And still the PS4 fans will claim they see 50% more power.

Doing that stuff is not as easy as you think and A LOT can go wrong with even trying. The two consoles are built differently and use different systems that can't just be changed on a whim. Also think about games like Battlefield and such where the next gen versions are superior to their current gen counterparts. Battlefield has better graphics on next gen and 64 player matches and it runs at 60 FPS. That's stuff that's essentially hardwired into the game and nothing can really change that based on a server. It's in the game's code.

It's not forcing you to do anything really. It was explained by Microsoft months ago that these things wouldn't be possible because of how the Xbox One is set up.

The most basic of homework before spending your cash would have let you know you cannot have voice chat between the two systems. Why not find out a little something about a product before buying it and then complaining?