X Box One 1TB with Halo: MCC

I need help

I bought from http:/www.very.co.uk a new X Box One with 1TB and it said in the small print it'll come with Halo:MCC for a limited time. I got my console and had no code and thought "[Mod removed] I missed out". But hope set in when I turned on my X Box One and it was in the menu ready to install. So I've installed it and after waiting forever for it to install I found out I couldn't play it as a message popped up saying I need to use the account I purchased the game with or use the disc. I didn't get a code, or a disc. I installed it with the account I signed in with.

I contacted customer support and I got no license on my account for Halo: MCC which I knew as it wasn't in my download history. They stated the console should of came with a code or a disc and that I should contact the retailer. They stated they can't give out codes for the game.

I contacted Very.co.uk and they told me it was a limited supply and it was sent from the manufacturer so they can't do anything.

So why do I have a installed copy of halo pre installed on my console at set up which I've now installed and can't play? All my friends never had this at set up. Just me, who was supposed to have the game with my console but got no code. HELP!!!!!!!

Here's the item on very...

http://www.very.co.uk/xbox-one-1tb-console-with-optional-extra-wireless-controller-or-12-months-xbox-live/1461332499.prd?_requestid=788994

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  I checked out the link you provided and saw this little tidbit.

"Halo: The Master Chief Collection game download inside marked Xbox One 1Tb packages, while supplies last. Download from Xbox Live; ISP fees apply."

The Halo: The Master Chief Collection would always have come on a card as a code which you would have needed to input under your gamertag in order to download the game.

Since the game was already listed under Ready to Install and the fact that it's asking for the gamertag that originally purchased it, it would be suggested that the console you purchased was in fact, used.

It would seem that the website you purchased the console from had either gotten the console used in the first place or had sent you one that someone else has returned and charged you full price for it.

I would recommend contacting them again for either a full exchange for a brand new console or a refund on purchase price.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's what I thought and was the only outcome I could think of if Microsoft are not pre installing the game onto the consoles. I've emailed Very.co.uk and can imagine what their answer will be. One guy on here had a problem similar to mine and said he'd receive his code by email within 10 working days, I hope that's the case but customer support did state it should of been a code or a disc in the box.

Sorry this didn't help.

I contacted Very.co.uk to ask if the console is used as the game was on there to install. They're going to contact the manufacturers to see if it should of come with a code and confirmed the console isn't used.

Sorry this didn't help.