X Box Live Profiles

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but can I have more than 1 profile linked to my X Box Live account? The reason I ask is because I want to know if I can set up a profile for my son on my account which would be a separate one from my own?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Yes you can have more than 1, I have 2 on mine, on the same e-mail address.

When you download your account it will ask which account to download.

Declan

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Macaroon! I understand you want to set up your son with an Xbox account. What you'll need to do is create a WLID email address for him (free at https://login.live.com) and then create an account for him. Make sure to use the proper birth date and later in the process it will ask you for a parent's WLID. This is where you enter your information, and then you will be able to act as the parent account here, setting privacy settings, etc. I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again, thanks for the info. I have set my son up with an account on the understanding he could play games like FIFA 12 online but when he tried to play the game online it is saying he does not have the permission to do this, how can I change this if indeed it is possible to do so? Thanks for any help with this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the EA servers require that he be 14 years of age. So that might be the problem there. There's no way around it either, no matter how you change the settings on his account. If the birthday is under 14, then he can't play online EA games until he turns "of age" for them, or you create a new account with a different birthday.

Sorry this didn't help.